To make matters worse, there are no parts available yet to correct the problem. The company is expected to notify owners of the potential hazards sometime in April. As soon as remedy parts become available, owners will be notified a second time through the mail. There are a potential 48,443 affected units involved. Ford’s recall number is 17C06 and owners should contact their customer service department for more information.
Tips To Keep You And Your Family Safe
If you suspect that your vehicle is involved in this recall, it is of the utmost importance to remain vigilant in your quest to keep you and your family safe. We are here if you need us, for any type of personal injury needs, but your safety should always be the top priority. Remain safe with these tips…
- Always apply your emergency brake after parking. This is a good habit to get into, regardless of the type of vehicle that you drive. This brake should allow your car or truck to remain stationary and reduce instances of unexpected vehicle movement.
- Upon exiting your vehicle, make sure that all passengers are away from the tires and the open doors. If the vehicle begins to roll, a personal injury could be sustained by either the door catching the person of guard or by a tire unexpectedly rolling over a foot.
- Do not attempt to get in the vehicles way if it begins to roll. Your vehicle is not worth the life-threatening injuries that may occur from such an act.
- Keep your children away from these affected vehicles, even if they are parked in the garage or driveway. It only takes the vehicle rolling a few inches, in a matter of seconds, for it to have life altering consequences. This can also help reduce other accidents from occurring. Children should never play around vehicles, whether they are parked or moving.
- Make sure that your passengers remain seated and buckled up until you have personally made sure that no unexpected movement is going to occur. We often take our trucks for granted. Once the gearshift is in the park position, we sling open the door and hop out, but in this instance, taking a few extra seconds can make all of the difference in the world.
Sarasota Residents Should Remain Informed
Ford is one of the biggest names in the nation. If you don’t drive one, there is a very good possibility that you know someone who does. When you get that pretty little recall notice in the mail, it will likely remain on your mind for a few weeks. However, if the remedy parts do not become available quickly, your risks greatly increase. If you have a 2017 affected Ford and become injured due to these faulty parts, our lawyers are prepared to fight for you. We have been representing the interests of Sarasota residents for years and we will be more than happy to represent you as well.