Safest Cars To Consider Buying In 2019
How To Choose A Safe Vehicle
Every year the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety (IIHS) publishes a list of the safest vehicles. New vehicles are tested and ranked on safety criteria to determine which have the most safety features. The criteria uses a variety of safety testing to determine the rankings including:
● Child Seat Anchor Rating (LATCH Rating): Tests the ease of use and security of child restraint hardware.
● Front Crash Prevention Rating: Tests the availability of forward crash warning systems and automatic braking systems.
● Head Restraint Ratings: Tests seat and head restraints protect against whiplash. These tests are compared among vehicles of similar weight.
● Headlight Rating: Evaluates the illumination of headlights on both straight and curved roads. The ratings are compared among specific headlight types.
● Moderate Overlap Front Crash Tests: Tests the safety of passengers when the part of the vehicle is struck in a head on collision. Like the small overlap crash tests, these are compared across vehicles with similar weights. These results are also assessed with the manufacturers testing results.
● Roof Strength Rating: Tests the safety of passengers in a rollover crash. This test is conducted by placing a metal plate against one corner of the roof and apply pressure at a consistent speed to determine the maximum force the vehicle can sustain before it caves in five inches. This force is then measured against the vehicle’s weight.
● Side Crash Tests: Tests the safety of passengers when vehicles are struck on the side by a pickup truck or SUV. The results of the test are then compared with the manufacturer’s results.
● Small Overlap Front Crash Tests: Tests the safety of passengers when the vehicle is struck in a head on collision. The results are compared across vehicles with similar weights and sizes.
Once these tests are complete a grade letter is assigned to each test:
● G: Good
● A: Acceptable
● M: Moderate
● P: Poor
The grade letters are then compiled into an overall rating system. The IIHS then uses this data to create a list every year to help consumers purchase the vehicles with the highest safety ratings.
Top 30 2019 Vehicles With The Highest Safety Ratings
Here are the top thirty vehicles with the highest safety ratings to consider buying in 2019:
• Hyundai Accent
• Kia Rio 4-Door Sedan
• Hyundai Elantra GT
• Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
• Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid
• Kia Forte
• Kia Niro Hybrid
• Kia Soul
• Nissan Kicks
• Toyota Corolla 4-Door Hatchback
• Honda Accord
• Nissan Altima
• Audi A3
• Audi A4
• Mercedes-Benz C-Class 4-Door Sedan
• Lexus ES 350
• Kia Cadenza
• BMW X2
• Honda CRV
• Hyundai Tucson
• Mazda CX-3
• Mitsubishi Outlander
• Subaru Forester
• Honda Pilot
• Hyundai Santa Fe XL
• Mazda CX-9
• Nissan Pathfinder
• Toyota Highlander
• Chrysler Pacifica
• Honda Odyssey
Sadly, even with a safe vehicle, the impact of an auto accident can be devastating. In those cases, you will need compensation for the damages and your injuries. If you’re ever in an accident, no matter what vehicle you drive. All Injuries Law Firm is here to help. We can help determine the cause of the accident, prove liability, and evaluate your damages for a fair settlement amount from the insurance companies. Contact us now to learn more!